Thursday 15 March 2012

Scary!

As I sit here smiling while watching my youngest daughter playing in the bath I also think if the enormity of what's happening in my life at the moment.
It doesn't seem so long ago that I was sat in Scotland outside my beloved caravan with a glass of wine listening to the sea. A relatively happy preschool deputy on my holiday with my family, I didn't realise how breathtaking Scotland would be and how life changing that moment would be either.
As you all now know this was when I decided to try, and I don't say that lightly, to make children's clothes.
I had passed my design degree in 97 and wandered most of my life, I never knew what I wanted to be, all I knew was I quite like making things.
Anyway since then I've made clothes, sold them, ended up with facebook page, then website and now have added a shop on my website yesterday. Although my website is still being played with by my beloved husband it's there and very oddly it's mine. For yes, that's how I feel...odd.
It's like it's unreal, not mine, sure the clothes are there and yes I made them..oh my god I actually made them! :-) and I absolutely love my life.
It was a big risk and when I sadly had to give my job up in December to give my Autistic son more stability I wondered if I would ever cope and more to the point we would cope with money.
But life goes on and look where mine has gone on too :-) I'm a firm believer in fate but sometimes I wish it would wait for me to catch up :-)
I still worry someone might tell me this is all a dream or call me a fraud or worse but it seems I haven't got time to worry these days....and I love it :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well for you. Don't you just love those 'life changing' moments when you are having a 'happy moment' and feel like you could conquer the world. I gave up work (as a Solicitor) 10 years ago to have my first daughter. I have run a craft business for the last 10 years and would not change it for the world. There is something really special about being able to always be there for your family and still be able to work on your terms! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, I got lost there for a while so I'm sorry for the late reply. It's great to hear from someone who's made a similar decision and that's made it work :-)
    I finally feel happier than I've been in a very long time and hope I'm as happy as you seem in 10 years time :-)
    Thank you for your comment

    ReplyDelete